↑↑↑ CLICK HERE ↑↑↑ To enroll or enter course
In this 7hr / 0.7 CEU course, we’ll introduce the attendee to the regulatory framework that governs Drinking Water and to a lesser extent, Wastewater in Ontario. Using interactive lectures, in-lecture skills practice and intelligent quizzing, the student will gain an in depth understanding of their responsibilities for certification and logbooks and gain confidence in reporting AWQI’s and Spills in Ontario.
Covered in this course we'll cover:
- Regulatory Overview
- How to read law for the layman
- Definition of Due Diligence
- Overview of the Multi Barrier Philosophy
- Review of pertinent section of the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Logbook provisions within regulation 128/03 and 129/03
- Review a Logbook template – incl. documents provided for facility use.
- Certification – differences and similarities in Drinking Water and Wastewater
- Certification guidance via MOE guidance manuals – incl. in course manual
- Ontario Environmental Protection Act in relation to spills
- Regulation 675/98 – Spills Classification
- Regulation 170/03 – Schedules 16 & 17 in relation to Adverse Water
- AWQI forms
This course is completely on-line and at the pace of the attendee. Using in-presentation exercises and intelligent quizzing, the student can gain complete mastery of the topic and view unit presentations multiple times, extra reading is provided if the student wants to extend their learning. Unit quizzes must be passed in order to move to the next topic and can be attempted as many times as necessary, they will be different every time and provide feedback to incorrect responses. The Certificate of Completion is instantly and automatically provided upon completion. PDF manual is included in course fee, print manual extra.
Audience: Drinking Water Treatment & Distribution and Wastewater Treatment & Collection. Large Municipal Residential Drinking Water and Municipal Wastewater Systems.
NOTE: The trainer / course developer is not a Lawyer and as such there is no legal advice provided during this course. To purchase multiple enrollments contact OETC. If taking this course for Wastewater and Director Approved CEU’s are not required, we can remove the AWQI reporting Unit for your group upon request.
To find out more about this course, click here.
Director Approved in Ontario - 0.7 CEU's - Course Code 8953
$199 CDN + 13% Tax - Course with PDF Manual included.
$299 CDN +13% Tax - Course with Print Manual (shipping Included within Canada)